The primary objectives and purposes of this Church shall be:
- To enable the promotion and enhancement of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Christanity - which was upheld and passed over to followers by the forefathers among followers who reside in and around Edmonton with the view to maintain, spread and pass it over to succeeding generations.
- To conduct and maintain services of divine worship and religious observance according to the traditions and values of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church. To offer Orthodox Tewahedo religious services every Sunday and other Orthodox holidays.
- To give services that bolster love and unity among the laity; to expand the sense of Ethiopianism and love for their country via rendering cultural and educational services that will argument religious values.
- To establish and maintain a Church of religious worship in accordance with the teachings of Christianity as adopted by the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church.
- To provide spiritual and cultural programs in order to increase understanding of the history, culture, languages and values of Ethiopia.
- To Provide Baptism, Christening, Marriage and Burial rites (Faith) to the followers of the Orthodox Tewahdo Christianity faith.
- To guard, protect and monitor ecclesiastical objects and properties of the church.
- To perform peacemaking/keeping tasks displaying unrelenting efforts intended for the well being of all Ethiopians in Ethiopia and outside Ethiopia, particularly those who are weakened and in need; to make sure that their basic human rights such as religious freedom are met and respected. Furthermore, to cooperate as necessary with the relevant institutions for the retention of global peace and security.
- To build a strong orthodox community that promotes the teachings of Our Lord and loving one another and that does not condone ethnicism, tribalism or racism.